Wednesday, January 7, 2009

January 7 - A Taste of Honey is Worse Than None At All

I had hoped today would have been the magic "217 lbs" day, but I bushwhacked myself last night at dinner. I ate both dinner rolls - probably not the best idea. One would have been sufficient, but they were so warm and soft, they practically begged for me to consume them.

The other sin was the honey that I poured on them Did you know that honey has 60 calories per tablespoon? That may not seem like much, but when you put a tablespoon's worth on each dinner roll and then pour honey on the chicken in your salad, it just adds up to no good.

So, I'm up .4 lbs today.

Breakfast - 2 cups of coffee. 2/3 cup of yogurt & 1/3 cup of Fiber One cereal.

Lunch - Leftover salad from last night.

Snack - 1/2 of a Skinny Cow ice cream thingy. (70 calories)

Dinner - side salad. 1 slice of pizza.

2 comments:

b-rad S said...

Easy does it.
Nick, you are doing GREAT! We still need to LIVE. Eat bad things (in moderation) so we don't crash three months from now and gain it all back...
slow and steady wins the race.
slow and steady wins the race.

Nick said...

I'm just a little obsessed with that "217" goal. :)