Thursday, January 29, 2009

January 29 - Still Hibernating


I worked from home yesterday and had access to a house full of food - a potentially diet-hazardous situation. I only ate when I was hungry and stopped eating while I was still a little hungry. (Going to bed hungry feels much better than going to bed full.)

But you know what? Either I am in the throes of winter and my body is hibernating, or I'm finally at the point where my body is requiring less to eat. I don't have the desire to eat the cookies in the pantry, or whip up a half-dozen popovers, or make 4 pieces of toast with jelly anymore.

The results in just 2 months have been remarkable. As of this morning's weigh-in, I'm down a total of 24.1 lbs. Last month I lost 11.7 lbs. This month is 11.2 -- with a couple days left in the month. It's no longer a diet - it's now the way I eat. It's no longer difficult to resist those bagels at work, I just don't desire them like I used to.

Thanks, Tucker, for your little book, Everything I Ate: A Year in the Life of My Mouth
You changed my life.

Breakfast - 2 cups of coffee. Flax Oil Gel tab. Fiber One Cereal (yes, plain. It's very sweet!)

Lunch - Spinach salad w/cheese & cranberries

Snack - 11 pieces of caramel rice cakes (100 cal)

Dinner - Salad wrap. Final piece of La Vache Qui Rit in 1/2 piece of tortilla. (I can't believe I took a whole month to eat a package of La Vache Qui Rit. I used to polish one of those whole wheels off in a day.)

Lastly, I made a couple birthday cakes for a dear friend (yes, a couple cakes). I didn't eat any of the icing. My buttercream is especially easy to eat spoonful after spoonful. In fact, after decorating his cubicle at work, I brought the left over icing to another friend's house and he ate the icing. I drank water. :)

No comments: