Friday, December 5, 2008

Dec 5, 2008

Friday morning and my blessed coffee tasted so good. One of my irrational fears is that I will end up in a resthome in my old age and they won't allow me to have coffee.

Today's book is Cooking for Healthy Living by Jane Fonda. Yeah, laugh all you will, but it's one of my favorite recipe books. I bought a copy years ago and when I lent it out and never got it back, I had to buy another (it was that good). When I was doing some catering work years ago, I used this book for the excellent fresh pasta ragut sauce with chunky cooked tomatoes, onions and garlic.It's still one of my favorite sauces. There's also some nice dessert recipes including a simple raspberry sorbet. Again, buy it for as little as a penny on Amazon.

Breakfast - 2 cups of coffee and a Flax Oil Tab. Had a small bowl of oatmeal at work and a small banana.

Lunch - Back to Gourmand's for my excellent Salad Wrap and a cup of soup and a Arizona Tea. If you end up at Gourmand's ask them for the "Nick Salad Wrap".

Dinner - Met a friend after dinner. Order a Christmas Ale and drank about 1/5 of it. I hate beer on balance, so I knew I wouldn't drink it. Dumb, maybe, but I didn't swill that many calories. Came home and had a cup of sweet potatoes and some black beans. Yum!

Snack - You didn't expect me to NOT try the cookie dough, did you?! The good news is that I took my usual size hunk of dough. Then cut it in half. Then cut it in half again. Then flattened it down. That was just enough to make my sweet tooth happy.

No comments: