Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dec 24, 2008 - Xmas Eve

It's here - the night of non-stop eating. When I was a kid, we'd start at my grandmother's house around 3pm and gorge ourselves until 11pm, then head to midnight mass, and at 1am head back to the house where we'd eat for 2 more hours.

Tonight we will head to my sister's around 5pm. The hours of eating are much shorter, we won't be there as long, but there's still plenty of food. I'm not sure why culturally we put out so much food. Is it to show our abundance? Does it stem from some sort of sacrifice?

All I know is that I'm keeping it easy tonight after the last two days. The lobster roll yesterday was amazing but my belly just churned it all last night.

Breakfast - 2 cups of coffee. Flax oil. Cup low fat yogurt & cereal

Snack - Gingerbread cookies that my friend Zak brought to work. Notice the demonic design

Lunch - Salad with 2 tb dressing, 1/3 sweet potato, cookie

Dinner at my sisters - 2 pieces shrimp, some kind of crab spread and 2 cracker, piece of Swiss cheese and a scallop w/piece bacon. Fish soup. Fettuccine Alfredo, potato bake, salad. 1/2 pizelle, cookie, banana roll, creampuff. (Later) 2 more creampuffs & another pizelle. Yes, those are stuffed boobs.

This seems like a lot of food but it's NOTHING compared to what I normally would have eaten.












No comments: