Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dec 10, 2008 - See? It wasn't that bad...



Last night before bed, my belly as asking for a little more food. In the past, I would have grabbed a couple cookies, made some toast or grabbed a sandwich. Yes, right before bed.

Instead, I went to bed a little hungry. Not ravenous - just a little hungry. This morning I asked myself if I was still hungry. No. Actually, I'm not. I think my brain was just a little deprived of stimulation and in the past I would have given it something to satisfy it. That's one more key to success - pushing the plate away at dinner, and not letting up until bedtime.

Today's book is Container Gardening. Yes, the snow has just started to fall but I'm already thinking of next Spring. I have a large back yard with which we do very little. But my front porch is my own little Giverny. Each Spring, I head out for new plants and arrange them in pots on the front porch. Colorful flowers, interesting textured plants, and an assortment of veggies take over the porch. It's a great place for me to watch the world go by. I picked up this book 2 years ago and it's a simple no-nonsense guide to plants and containers.

Breakfast - 2 cups of coffee. Flax Oil. Cup of low-fat, low-sugar vanilla yogurt with 1/3 cup Heart Smart cereal (YUM!)

Lunch - The rest of last night's salad. (Hint: to warm up the chicken and tomatoes without drying them out, put them between sheets of parchment paper and put on a Foreman Grill for a few minutes until hot. That way you don't over cook or damage the food.)

Snack - 1/2 of a cookie. I've had this one hanging around from decorating last week. It was too ugly to give as a gift, so I left it out. After lunch, I threw away the other 1/2.

Dinner - 1/2 handful of shredded cheddar. 3/4 cup of tomato soup. 1 cup of beans. (yes, leftovers from yesterday. But no sweet potatoes!)

No comments: