Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 31 - Happy Birthday To Me. Have Some Cake.

No, this is not my body. Not yet.

Today I celebrate my 45th birthday -- happily. On balance, things are good. Good health, good friends, good job, and 41.1 lbs lighter than I was 4 months ago.

Last time my waist was this size, I was 36 years old. Almost a decade ago. I know this because for a long time, my waist was about the size of my age...30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42....Each couple of new years would see a couple more inches around the waistline. Not this year.

Have a little something sweet in my honor today, and here's to another year of great things!

Breakfast - 2 cups of coffee. Flax Oil Gel Tab

Lunch - Was taken out by co-workers to Damon's. I ordered the spinach salad because it sounded like the healthiest thing on the menu, but it was covered in bacon, blue cheese and goo. Screw it. It's my birthday. I ate it. And a piece of bread, too.

Dinner - Green tint? Must be Pier W! A delicious antipasto pizza: prosciutto, caramelized onions, grilled peppers, pepperoni and mozarella. I ate 2/3rds of this pizza.

Snack - Nothing! No cake! Can one have a birthday without cake?! Yes, it's possible.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention that my dear friends Zak, Dan, Michael and Javier decorated my cube at work with 1800 Mary Jane candies (my favorite). I ate about 10 of them today. (They're 30 calories each, fwiw.)


1 comment:

George Jetson said...

Wow, I landed here at a good time, your anniversary yesterday and birthday today.

I hope both provided memories that will bring much joy over the next year.

Here's to good health and much fun until we arrive here again, eh.

Have you, by chance, stopped by to check out NE Ohio Bargain Hunter?

Yes, I saw you have a good job, but saving money here and there on little things can also make it easier to get the big things.

In any case, if you'd like to do a link swap it would work for me. That's something I'm just starting to look at, if you'd like to trade links just write a comment on any of my posts.

Cheers