The other day, Jeff asked me about this miraculous Flax Seed oil that I have been taking daily. I had heard the buzz about flax seed oil from several doctors who suggested it for cardiovascular care, and since I had been concerned about the stress on my heart when I was bigger, I decided to try it for myself.
The studies show that Flax Seed Oil may be doing a lot more good than just benefiting the heart. Here's what one site says:
- - Studies show that Omega-3 fatty acids help lower cholesterol and blood triglycerides, and prevent clots in arteries, which may result in strokes, heart attacks and thromboses.
- - Helps protect the body against high blood pressure, inflammation, water retention, sticky platelets and lowered immune function.
- - Shortens recovery time for fatigued muscles after exertion.
- - Increases the body's production of energy and also increases stamina.
- - Accelerates the healing of sprains and bruises.
- - Eases in people afflicted with obesity.
- - Stimulates brown fat cells and increases the metabolic rate making it easier to burn off fat.
- - Improves the absorption of Calcium.
- - Strengthens finger and toenails.
- - Can improve eyesight and perception of colors.
- - Can relieve the side effects and stop development of many forms of cancer.
- - Can relieve some cases of .
- - Helpful in the treatment of Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dandruff.
- - Can relieve the symptoms of . It can relieve the symptoms of Diabetes Mellitus.
- - Helps prevent Atherosclerosis (the accumulation of fatty deposits inside the blood vessels, especially the large and medium-sized arteries, that many people experience during the aging process).
- - Lowers high blood pressure in Hypertension sufferers.
- - Has been scientifically proven to treat some cases of depression.
- - Can improve the mental function of many old age pensioners.
I'm not really big into supplements, but so far, the Flax Seed oil seems to be beneficial. No side effects and if it's doing some good from the inside out, I'm all for it.