Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Exhilarating. Humilating.

True confession time. This is probably the boldest thing I've posted to date - my pants size.

When I started this project on December 1, 2008, I was wearing a size 42 pant. Yes, 42. I could squeeze into 40's, but the 42's gave me that room to breathe. Now, I *am* pear shaped and have child-bearing hips, but still, putting on those 42's every morning was a stab in the heart.

So, I stopped at Target to look at pants since everything I have now is big. I tried on 40's. They fell off of me. The 38's were also big; I could pull them out from my body.

36's are where I'm at! They're a little snug, but they look good on, and I feel great in them. I can't tell you the last time I was in a 36!

Suck on that, Nutrisystems.

UPDATE: The humiliation continues. I was sorting through my pants. I was actually in a 44 in December. Ugh.

3 comments:

b-rad S said...

COOL!!!!

I am rocking 34's right now, My 32's are taunting me in my closet, wanting to be worn again!!!!

Nick said...

I can see being in 34's before the cruise, and if I can get to that point, I'd happily stay there the rest of my life.

I am wearing the 36's right now. Isn't it silly how we equate a number with happiness?

Anonymous said...

Look at it like this boys, at least you don't have to deal with the 'made up' numbers women do....first we have the bitches in 0's, 2's 4's and 6's....then the group that fall into the great shape, but wish I was skinny....8's, 10's and 12's (I dream of 12's)....then we have the rest of us who are grouped into the 'plus size catagory'....humiliation at its finest.....14's-32's and beyond. You must shop in the section labeled PLUS because you need all that extra material...Congrats to you both for getting out of your hell 'big and tall'!!!
Jan