Saturday, April 4, 2009

April 4 - A Weekend Without Bob


Now, I loves me some Bob...but my body/mind loses it when Bob is in town. I overeat (although not as much as I used to). Bob and I tend to eat out when he's in Cleveland because he doesn't think that my stripped down foods constitute a meal. In his mind (and the minds of most people), you have to have sides, salads, soups, sauces and stuff. When I go out with him, I may not order all of those extras, but I do usually end up splitting an appetizer or dessert with him that I wouldn't eat otherwise.

I believe in modeling your behaviour after someone who is successfully doing what you want to achieve. Want to be better at tennis? Find out how the Williams sisters or Don Budge trained and model yourself after it. Want to be better in business? What did Don Trump and Martha Stewart do? Read, study, and do.

Want to be thinner? Find someone thin, and eat what they eat and do what they do. Before you get all crazy and tell me that's the road to anorexia, re-read what I wrote: Find someone thin and eat/do what they do. Not "find someone with an eating disorder." Find the right role model for you, then get crackin'.

Lunch - 1 cup beans with cheese

Dinner - Spinach Salad

Snack - BIG Oatmeal Raisin cookie from Truffles

No comments: