Friday, April 17, 2009

April 17 - New Clothes



A quick scan of my wardrobe proved that I no longer have anything that fits me. In a good way. Dress pants are huge and have been cinched with belts that I've had to add extra holes. Dress shirts balloon across my mid-section. Knowing I was going to have to look sharp for Russ' event in a few weeks, I went to Macys for their suit sale.

I can't tell you the last time I purchased a suit. There is something wonderful about going through the tailoring process; making sure that the sleeves break correctly, getting the pants hemmed to the matched length of the shoe.

Macys in-house designer brand is Alfani. I found a suit in the Alfani Red line - their fitted clothing line. At first I was hesitant to have anything too fitted because I still consider myself to be big. But after slipping on the jacket (2 sizes smaller than I previously wore due to my belly), I was happy with the new silhouette. Overall, I am fairly pleased with the brand. I picked up a $700 for about $240.

Breakfast - Panera Bagel w/cream cheese. About 450 calories! Yikes!

Lunch - Spinach Salad

Dinner - Tofu Roll. 1/3 bowl of Cinnamon Beef Soup

No comments: