Monday, May 18, 2009

May 17 - Sunday

Not much going on. Typical Sunday. After church/breakfast with Mom, went shopping with the intent of buying shoes for the cruise. Something comfy that I can walk miles in and yet are sorta-kinda dressy so that I can wear them with dressier or casual pants.

The winning shoes were a pair of Merrell World Passports found at Dick's Sporting Good on the clearance rack. Of course, they were the only shoes without a tag, and the saleskid told me that they really weren't on clearance. I asked for a box, "I'll take them anyway", and he told me they didn't have one. Responding to my, "I'm going to bitch-slap you if you say one more stupid thing" look, he gave me $15 off of the tag price.

I'm a big fan of Merrell shoes. With only one exception, they have all been immediately comfortable out of the box and these shoes feel like bedroom slippers. I like that I can throw some quick polish on them and they'll be ready for day trippin'. They're not the sleekest shoe, but I bought them for cruisin' and walkin'.

Breakfast - Perkins with Mom. Cheese and Onion omelet. 2 pieces wheat toast. hashbrowns.

Late Lunch -When I woke from a nap, Bob has made me a couple slices of pizza. Yumm.

No comments: